Wednesday, October 3, 2007

First Post Bloink.

Forgive the shoddy Blogger template. It's after midnight and no matter how often I try, I'm too used to staying up all hours in the Broadside office to go to sleep at even this ungodly hour. Despite the time, I'm not going to dedicate effort to making this thing look pretty when there's an easy out. I'd rather write -- something I'm not allowed to do (or so it seems) in addition to gathering online-savvy staff members, redesigning Broadside Online (for the billionth time), assigning stories and introducing a print-geared newsroom to a glorious online future.

Who am I?
I'm the loud-mouthed yet entirely forgettable managing editor of Broadside Online. You know, that site that no one reads. I'm also a senior communication major at George Mason University, veteran intern of USA Today.com and arguably the most stressed and unappreciated member of that hidden SUB I newsroom.

What on earth am I doing?
Who knows? This blog serves to let you know just how difficult it is to work at a student paper, and how much more hair-tearing frustration is endured when said crazy individual decides to take on the responsibilities of a student news online site.

What you need to know:
I will note the fortunes and travesties (to lightly mock our print managing editor) of convincing others that Broadside Online is indeed a cool thing ... and log my nearly impossible attempts at proving it to them.

The exhausted conclusion?
Next post ahoy!

No comments: